19C-1E Mini Excavator
The 19C-1E is JCB’s first fully electric mini excavator. The 2-ton (1.9-tonne) 19C-1E is ideally suited to construction and excavation applications within enclosed or urban job sites, or noise- and emissions-sensitive environments such as hospitals and schools. It offers the same power and more torque as comparable diesel-powered machines yet produces zero exhaust emissions and one-fifth of the noise.
The JCB 19C-1E electric mini excavator provides the freedom to work anywhere, anytime with quick charging and long battery life.
• The standard three-battery pack provides 313 Ah (15 kWh) of capacity, which will provide a typical day’s work on a single charge.
• Optional four-battery pack allows 417 Ah (20 kWh) capacity and delivers two additional hours of continuous use.
• Up to 120 hours standby time.
• Battery status information available via a gauge on the instrument panel.
• Three charging options, with one to suit every work site and operating profile. Standard 110V input for 12-hour recharging. Available 230V charging option for 8-hour recharge or fast charge option for 2-hour recharge.
The JCB 19C-1E electric mini excavator requires minimal daily checks and less servicing than conventional, diesel-powered machines.
• Maintenance-free batteries in rugged battery housing to withstand construction applications.
• Lower operating costs as electricity is less expensive than fossil fuel.
• No engine (or associated components and consumables), which significantly reduces daily checks, servicing time and equipment.
• No need for expensive emissions extraction equipment when working indoors or in tunnels.
- Bucket tear-out of 4,046 lbf (18 kN)
- On-board charger with standard, domestic 110V input for 12-hour recharging. Available 230V charging option for 8-hour recharge or fast charge option for 2-hour recharge.
- Three lithium-ion batteries creating 313 Ah (15 kWh) of capacity, enough to power through a typical workday on a single charge. An optional four-battery pack increases capacity to 417 Ah (20 kWh) and delivers an additional two hours of continuous use.
- Retractable tracks to move through narrow entrances
- Bosch Rexroth load-sensing hydraulic system for excellent digging performance to a maximum dig depth of 9 feet 3 inches (2.82 meters).
- 48-volt electric driveline generating peak power up to 27 hp (20 kW)
- 500-hour greasing intervals (dig end and dozer)
- Twin flow auxiliary circuit 8 gpm (32 l/min)
The 3 battery pack will last for 4 continuous hours, equivalent to a full day's work, subject to the type of job.
The charging time is only 2 hours with the optional 380-420V three phase external charger, 8 hours with a 220-240V on board charger and 12 hours with a 110V on board charger.
The batteries can be charged with a 110V yellow industrial socket, with the option of a 230V industrial 3 pin blue socket; specified upon time of order.
The batteries have a 3,000 charges warranty, equating to about 10 years of usage with 80% of battery life still left.
The machine shares the same structure, canopy, dig end, hydraulics, and controls as the diesel and performs in exactly the same way. The only change is that the power pack changes from a diesel to electric.
If the machine is left on, but not working, the battery will run down at a very low rate to conserve power and last 120 hours before recharging.
The batteries cannot be easily stolen as they sit deep within the structure of the machine and it would take several hours to remove.
The machine is completely stand alone and free of tethers to improve safety on site and eliminate trip hazards.
There is no maintenance required on the battery packs at all and daily checks are reduced to a minimum; increasing time on site.